What will you discover this summer?
Temple Summer Academy is an academic pre-college program for rising high school juniors and seniors that will give you a head start on your college career. As a Temple Summer Academy student, you will participate in an enriching and challenging four-week program (July 8 – August 2, 2019)on Temple University’s Main Campus in Philadelphia.
July 8 – August 2, 2019
- Take a college course taught by enthusiastic and knowledgeable Temple faculty
- Explore potential majors or minors by taking a non-credit workshop
- Experience Temple University’s vibrant, urban campus
- Learn about and use Temple University’s resources for student success
- Earn a $4,000 tuition grant to Temple University*
You can choose whether you would like to live on campus or commute. If you choose to live on campus, you will:
- Live in a campus residence hall with other high school students
- Eat your meals in campus dining facilities
- Participate in fun weekend activities and field trips
How to Apply
Admission to Temple Summer Academy requires an application that includes:
- High school transcript (all grades from 9thgrade onward, including most recent grades for the current academic year)
- Test Scores (Copy of PSAT, SAT, or ACT)
- Personal Statement
You will also need to provide the names and email addresses of a parent/guardian and a teacher/guidance counselor. We will then email links to those addresses to provide a:
- Letter of recommendation (teacher/guidance counselor)
- Permission form (parent/guardian)
Submitting your application will initiate a review by our Undergraduate Admissions department. We require an application because we want to make sure that you are fully prepared to take on the challenge of a college level course at Temple University.**
After you submit your application, you will receive an acknowledgement email with your student identification number and confirmation that your application has been received and is being reviewed. You will be notified by email of an admissions decision to the program.
Questions? Contact us.
Phone: (215) 204-2712
Click ‘Apply Now’ to begin your summer experience!
* Tuition Grant Conditions
You will qualify for the $4,000 tuition grant if you pass the credit course offered as part of Temple Summer Academy with a B or better. The tuition grant will be awarded to you if you later enroll at Temple University as a first-time, full-time freshman. The tuition grant will be awarded in four (4) $1,000 installments over four (4) years, in combination with other financial aid and/or scholarships for which you may be eligible.
** Admission Conditions
Admission to Temple Summer Academy does not guarantee later admission to Temple University, and rejection from Temple Summer Academy does not indicate later rejection to Temple University.