Set your sights on summer!
Temple Summer Academy is a pre-college program for rising high school juniors and seniors that combines project-based non-credit workshops with one college course. For summer 2023, Summer Academy will be offered on Temple's Main Campus in Philadelphia, PA.
- One college course (3-4 credits).
- Two non-credit workshops.
- Learn about and use resources for student success
- Make new friends in class and through campus activities and field trips
- Opt to live on campus with a roommate
- Students who pass their college course with a B or better receive a $1,000 per year tuition grant as part of their financial aid if they are admitted to Temple. Students who maintain continuous full-time enrollment at Temple, and a GPA of 3.0 or better, can renew this grant for three additional years of undergraduate study.
Click here for more information.
- $2,400 for the full-day, four-week program. This includes two workshops and one three-credit course.
- $325 additional credit fee, if a four-credit course is selected.
- NOT included: housing and meals (optional), books and supplies (required for some workshops or courses)
How to Fill Out This Application
Click "Apply Now" and provide information about yourself and upload the following documents:
- Transcripts/report cards (ALL grades from 9th grade to the present, including most recent grades for the current academic year)
- Test scores (copy of PSAT, SAT, or ACT) OR an academic paper that you wrote this year
- Personal statement (500 words, prompts provided inside application)
Enter the name and email of a teacher or counselor. We will email them a recommendation form. You do not need to ask this person to write a letter; the form will serve as their recommendation for you.
Unofficial copies of your transcript(s), report card(s), and/or test scores are acceptable. This application is free to submit.
Generally, international students may attend our summer programs on a B tourist visa or ESTA visa waiver program. I-20s will not be issued for obtaining an F1 visa.
What Happens Next?
After you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation email. You will later be notified by email of an admissions decision. Admission to Temple Summer Academy does not guarantee later admission to Temple University, and rejection from Temple Summer Academy does not indicate later rejection to Temple University.
If you are admitted, you will be asked to pay a 10% deposit, and then will be invoiced for the remainder of your fee. At that time, you will be able to add on-campus housing with an additional deposit to hold your space in the residence hall. Prior to beginning your program, you will complete the next steps for admitted students.
Phone: (215) 204-2712