The course will provide an overview of theories of leadership. This course emphasizes the development of leadership skills and the pragmatic application of those skills to the nonprofit workplace. The course aims to increase students’ familiarity with concepts and principles of leadership related to the nonprofit sector.
This online course will meet once a week for five consecutive weeks.
The dates are as follows:
Week 1: Wednesday, 6:00-8:00 pm
Week 2: Wednesday, 6:00-8:00 pm
Week 3: Wednesday, 6:00-8:00 pm
Week 4: Wednesday, 6:00-8:00 pm
Week 5: Wednesday, 6:00-8:00 pm
Module 1 – Introduction to Leadership Theory
Module 2 – Leading and Managing People
Module 3 – Leading and Managing Programs
After successfully completing this course, nonprofit professionals will be able to:
- Define the terms leadership and management and identify their differences, similarities, and nuances
- Identify and think critically about key challenges to leadership in the nonprofit sector and in the participants own specific area of work
- Apply leadership concepts to the challenges in the nonprofit sector and in the participants own specific area of work.
- Discern their own approach to the decision-making process in the leadership role.
PrerequisitesNone. Certificate courses may be taken in any order.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- International Nonprofit Training & Leadership (INTL) Certificate : Nonprofit Training Courses